[Users] failed build on local mac osx yosemite [POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM]

Comer Duncan comer.duncan at gmail.com
Fri May 22 11:41:49 CDT 2015

Hi Ian,

I have downloaded a new version from scratch of Hilbert and have checked
that I have installed all recommended macports, to wit:

ComerMacProRetina:~ comerduncan$ port installed pkgconfig gcc49 fftw-3 gsl
jpeg zlib hdf5  openmpi openssl
  fftw-3 @3.3.4_1 (active)
  fftw-3 @3.3.4_1+universal
  gcc49 @4.9.2_1 (active)
  gsl @1.16_3 (active)
  gsl @1.16_3+gcc46
  hdf5 @1.8.13_0+cxx+gcc46
  hdf5 @1.8.14_0+cxx+fortran+gfortran
  hdf5 @1.8.14_0+cxx+gcc46
  hdf5 @1.8.15_0+cxx+fortran+gfortran (active)
  hdf5 @1.8.15_0+cxx+gcc46
  jpeg @9a_1 (active)
  openmpi @1.7.5_3 (active)
  openssl @1.0.1j_0
  openssl @1.0.1j_0+universal
  openssl @1.0.2_0+universal
  openssl @1.0.2a_0
  openssl @1.0.2a_0+universal (active)
  pkgconfig @0.28_0 (active)
  zlib @1.2.8_0
  zlib @1.2.8_0+universal (active)

I then put in the new version of detect.pl that Frank recommended.  When I
build using the osx-macports config file, I still (today!) get a crash
before the build completes.  I am sort of at a loss about what to do
further. I could completely nuke macports and reinstall all, which will
take quite a while, but can do that if there is a good chance that it will
help.

Do you have some recommendations of other things to try before the nuke
option?

Thanks.

Comer