[Users] failed build on local mac osx yosemite [POSSIBLE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM]

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Fri May 22 14:36:21 CDT 2015

On 22 May 2015, at 21:16, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ian,
>
> I have done a build first commenting out CARPETIOHDF5 in the thorns file.  This time it builds to completion.
>
> I have tried running the static_tov test. But since CarpetIOHDF5 thorn was disabled in the build, the test aborts.  Is there a test which does not need CarpetIOHDF5, i.e. uses a different IO?

Hi Comer,

Looking at the parameter file, I don't see why it needs the CarpetIOHDF5 thorn; it doesn't seem to do anything with it!  So you should be able to remove CarpetIOHDF5 from the ActiveThorns line at the top of static_tov.par.  i.e. replace

ActiveThorns = "CarpetIOASCII CarpetIOScalar CarpetIOHDF5 CarpetIOBasic"

with

ActiveThorns = "CarpetIOASCII CarpetIOScalar CarpetIOBasic"

I just tested this, and it works without that thorn.

Can you let me know whether the error you got when you include CarpetIOHDF5 in the thornlist is that same as before, or if it's the one that Roberto got?

By the way, which tutorial or example are you following?