[Users] meeting minutes for 2015-09-14

Roland Haas rhaas at aei.mpg.de
Mon Sep 14 10:30:06 CDT 2015

Present: Frank, Roland, Steve, Erik, Elo, Peter, Ian

svn certificate at LSU:
* add specific case for LSU checkouts which are currently broken
* Frank to ask Barry, who currently seem the only one that can do this,
on the process of converting to git for use in bitbucket

CamelCase repository names:
* will close as "wontfix" since we expect the breakage due to changes in
the name will be larger than the small benefit from have nicer looking names

Explicit processor independent test suite data comparison:
* Roland is worried that Steve's patch assumes meaning for the columns
and that there are (or are in private thorns) files that do not conform
to the assumed format since eg waveform output can contain only time,
real part of psi4 and imaginary part of psi4. Differences in ghost zones
may also not be caught
* Carpet's compact output format with disabled ghost zone output
provides this facility and Steve is going to look at the McLachlan tests
that use this
* request to add this information to the wiki page on making a test