[Users] scheduling and SCALAR variable

Vassilios Mewes vassilios.mewes at uv.es
Fri Sep 18 05:53:33 CDT 2015

Hello all,

a quick question about scheduling:

I have a scalar variable, which contains the elements of a rotation matrix
that rotates the z-axis into a given vector...

I want to calculate some quantities (that are grid functions) in
coordinates that have been rotated by this matrix...

I run into the following problem:

when scheduling the calculation of the quantities in local mode, the
function doesn't seem to have access to the rotation matrix elements...

when scheduling the calculation in global, loop-local mode, I can't output
the data at the grid points (the output gives 1.96808407167164e+243 at each
point for every refinement level apart from the innermost, where the values
are output correctly)

I guess I could make the rotation matrix elements a grid function, but that
seems to be a bit of an overkill with regard to the memory needed for the 9
CCTK_REALs i need to store the matrix as a SCALAR..

Any ideas on how to do this?

best wishes,

Vassili