[Users] SimulationTools/h5mma: Unable to communicate with closed link

Bernard Kelly physicsbeany at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:45:10 CDT 2016

Nice idea.

The first thing I notice when loading h5mma is that gdb (now ggdb BTW,
and I have to "sudo" for this purpose as well) generates an assload of
Warnings of nonexistent files:

/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Binaries/Metal/Metal-56.6~1/TempContent/Objects/Metal.build/Framework.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/MTLArgument.o
[...]

In fact, the directory /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs doesn't exist on
my system. I wonder if this is related to my ultimate problem?

Moving on, the failure when using ImportHDF5 appears to exit
"cleanly", leaving no backtrace:

0x00007fff92f9b07a in select$DARWIN_EXTSN () from
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
(gdb) continue
Continuing.
[Inferior 1 (process 40825) exited normally]
(gdb) backtrace
No stack.

Presumably that first line might point to something, but I don't know what.