[Users] meeting minutes for 2016-12-12

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Thu Dec 15 08:43:08 CST 2016

On 12 Dec 2016, at 17:43, Roland Haas <rhaas at aei.mpg.de> wrote:

> Present: Frank, Roland, Steve, Ian, Yosef, Peter
>
> Release:
> * Frank needs (at least) write access to Llama to create the release
>  branches

This was arranged during the meeting.

I have created a ticket for this: https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1995.  Please add more information to this ticket if you have it!  Since the problem goes away when you change optimisation settings from O2 to O1, this looks to me like a compiler bug.

> * right now it seems as if it really is the constraints that are
>  triggering
> * initial data and metric data seems fine
>
> Jenkins test systems:
> * currently have some tests failing and would like to reduce that
>  number to zero

The failing tests are

GRHydro.GRHydro_test_shock_weno
NaNChecker.nancount

These started failing when we moved the test VM from one host to another, so this is probably CPU-dependent.

> * currently no backups in place, need to do backups inside of the VM

We do have backups, but they are not yet automated.  Unfortunately, the VM hosting system at NCSA does not provide VM backups, instead expecting users to back up themselves from within the VM.  They say there is no funding for providing backups.  Hence, we need to invest our own time in implementing a backup system.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin