[Users] meeting minutes for 2016-11-07

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 7 09:56:10 CST 2016

Present: Eloisa, Frank, Haris, Vassili, Ian, Josh, Steve, Roland, Erik

ET release:
* planned for end of November
* run test suite on your local workstations to make sure we cover all
  flavors of Linux, OSX etc.
* Roland to run on BW, Frank to create a list of desired machines and
  contact possible runners
* Roland to add the hard-link fixes back to formaline to improve build
  speed

Fortran code in GRHydro:
* announce in release that Fortran code will go away in the next
  release. Point out the CXX code has been the default for at least one
  release. Give users opportunity to speak up if it should be retained.

Llama into the ET:
* needs push: Ian, Peter volunteers and will recruit people
* needs check on documentation, needs examples and test cases