[Users] meeting minutes for 2016-11-28

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 28 10:57:50 CST 2016

Present: Erik, Frank, Harry, Ian, Josh, Steve, Roland, Zach

Failing test machines:
* Ubuntu-lts: Roland to check if MPI processors are incorrect, set
  CACTUS_NUM_PROCS in generic.run
* OSX Sierra: Roland to check if MPI processors are incorrect, set
  CACTUS_NUM_PROCS in generic.run
* Comet & Gordon: Roland to check for common failures, and possibly
  hand to Ian or Frank if too many fail

Failing test suites:
* Dissipation: Peter will check
* RotatingSymmetry90 + 180: Frank and Peter will check
* WaveToyOpenCL fails on the two machine where it fails, Steve will try
  on Spine to see if CPU or GPU implementation failed

Updated ET page:
* Ian suggests to reduce content on first page
* Roland would like to have material that is less used to be on
  separate pages, would like to have a "Download" link very visible and
  standing out on the front page
* Roland would suggest something eye catching to capture interest
* Roland would like to have most referred to items (Download, Help)
  accessible from the first page
* would like to make sure that our website agrees with current best
  practises
* sample is here http://einsteintoolkit.org/new/index.html
* local preview is possible, content is plain html with some javascript
  in a mostly centralized location

Formaline slowness:
* Erik will review the patches in # 1982

Llama:
* https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Adding_Llama_to_the_ET
* Barry worked through documentation
* some bug left in Llama wavetoy

EinsteinExamples:
* will move gallery parfiles to EinsteinExamples and link to the
  EinsteinExamples parfiles on github
* ComputeCanada is looking for cool astro data, which matches with what
  Eloisa, Ian, Barry wanted to do anyway for the GW150914 simulation.
  Data size would be ~TB.

Name:
* Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecilia_Payne-Gaposchkin