[Users] Machines used with the Einstein Toolkit

Hee Il Kim heeilkim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 18:22:53 CST 2016

Hi Frank,

How was the performance of KNL? I had a chance to run qc0 on a KNL test
machine here (single node). It was 4.6x slower than Haswell 2.3GHz (AVX).
The tests were done with -O1 option to bypass the issue of Intel 17.

More on the machine:
KNL 7230
Centos 7.2 with xppsl-1.4.3
Intel compiler 17.0.1
Quadrant mode
Cache/Flat modes tested with AVX512/AVX2/AVX

Vectors thorn is going to be updated for AVX512?

Please take a look at the attached option file.

Hee Il