[Users] meeting minutes for 2017-01-30

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 30 10:27:10 CST 2017

Hello all,

> > Simfactory machine files/options/submit/run scripts
> > * treat as documentation, ie no review is required but use your own
> >  good judgement
>
> Possibly, but what I meant to say on the call was that it shouldn't
> need review if the machine is obviously currently broken due to a
> system update or similar, or the machine is new.  Whether other
> changes should need review should be discussed more widely, e.g. with
> Erik as well, as the author of simfactory.
True.

I was thinking that for the machine-files / option-files /
submit-scripts / run-scripts the original author of the file in
question should be consulted (since there may well be reasons for why
things were done the way they were done) which is not necessarily Erik.
Eg for a machine that one has no access to, one would usually not be
able to comment anyway.

For simfactory's *source code*, review is required and the original
author (or official maintainer) would have final say.

If we end up with people breaking machines too often, then we have
to revise this of course.