[Users] release status

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Jun 19 13:47:44 CDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 12:26:46PM -0500, Roland Haas wrote:
>I guess one way to handle this would also be:
>
>* add the LIBS=... workaround to the release notes
>* add the code to the master perl detect.pl script after the release as
>  a bugfix (which it is)
>* wait a week for things to fail catastrophically
>* backport to release branch

It's one way of doing it. It would leave a majority of users with manual
changes to their optionlist in simfactory, because the default isn't
working. I don't want to go that way. If we do, I would vote to add
those to LIBS already in simfactory, and add to the release notes that
if you happen to use the debian (or also redhat I believe) optionlists
on something else than Linux, you better remove those.

If we don't include the linux-query (perl) code in the release, I also
think we shouldn't include at all, but instead properly fix the library
list. We can query the library after it has been built. All we need to
do is to make it possible to tell Cactus about those.

Frank