[Users] meeting minutes for 2018-08-20

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Aug 20 09:42:37 CDT 2018

Present: Roland, Bhavesh, Erik, Sam, Steve, Bill, Peter, Zach

ET release:
* timeline for release:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details
* the release will be named after: Chien-Shiung Wu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chien-Shiung_Wu

Gallery examples:
* BBH: Sam ran simulation last week and finished over weekend,
* poisson: Roland has created a pull request to remove the unused
  parameters. In the ET call the suggestion was made to mabye
  re-instantiate the 5 Gaussians
* BNS: no news, Peter will work on them this week

Reviews:
* GiRaFFE: no news, Roland will try reviewing against changes to
  IllinoisGRMHD thorn
* WVU_Diagnostics: Steve requests more thorns
* Peter is still reviewing Proca
* Erik may time next week to look at Lean

Tickets:
* will apply SYNC patch to ML_BSSN_Helper to improve handling of small
  outer patches in NewRad

Unanswered questions on mailing list:
* URL to see candidates:
https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/tools/unanswered
* Steve runs ET tests in a number of docker containers, these are
  visible on the website:
http://einsteintoolkit.org/testsuite_results/index.php and finds odd error message "How did I get here?" and a "success" result afterwards. Erik looked at this is the past and thinks that the issue was caused by a corner case.