[Users] Queuing system and parameter file scripts on personal machine

Federico G Lopez Armengol fedelopezar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 15:24:46 CDT 2018

Hello,

I've been learning how to use the Toolkit for about a year. I've been
reading public documentation and running individual simulations on my
personal laptop. Now, I need to manage some set of simulations, and found
some trouble:

1) it seems that I do not have a queuing system. Each time I submit a
simulation, it starts running in parallel with previous ones and my laptop
quickly collapses. I configured simfactory with:

./simfactory/bin/sim setup-silent --optionlist=ubuntu.cfg --runscript
> debian.sh --submitscript debian.sub --runscript debian.sh

2) I've tried some scripting with .rpar files, but failed. For instance, if
submitting:

./simfactory/bin/sim create-submit tov_multi --parfile par/tov.rpar

no error displays, but the simulation is inmediately finished with no
outputs. On the other hand, if running:

./simfactory/bin/sim create-run tov_multi --parfile par/tov.rpar

I get the following error:

Error: Parameter file script
> '/home/fede/simulations/tov_multi/output-0000/tov.rpar' did not generate a
> parameter file called '/home/fede/simulations/tov_multi/output-0000/tov.par'

I changed the name of the parameter file created as asked, but just the
last simulation of the script runs. I've tried this with every .rpar script
that is included on the Toolkit.

I use Linux Mint 18.1 Serena. Thanks in advance!

Federico