[Users] Summatiobyparts compilation failure on ARA cluster (latest ET release)

Peter Diener diener at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Nov 16 12:57:41 CST 2018

Hi Andrea,

The error message points to line 11 in the source file, which is the
line that contains

DECLARE_CCTK_FUNCTIONS

This is expanded by a C-preprocessor before being handed of to the
compiler.

The preprocessed file can be found in the directory:

/home/wa65fop/CS_Wu/THC_ZM1/Cactus/configs/<your config name>/build/SummationByParts

and is named Derivatives_2_1.f90.

It seems like the C-preprocessor is not expanding
"DECLARE_CCTK_FUNCTIONS" correctly and that the preprocessed file
contains a line like:

   end interface                                 &   interface

which is clearly not valid fortran. Can you check your preprocessed file
and verify that this is indeed present?

I don't see anything obviously wrong with your preprocessor flags, but
why is there a
-I/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018.0.128/linux/mpi/intel64/include
in your CPPFLAGS in you options file?

Cheers,

   Peter