[Users] hdf5 output generation for Mathematica and VisIt

Barry Wardell barry.wardell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 03:38:27 CDT 2018

Hi Jens,

I don't know about Visit, but the reason SimulationTools prefers to
have CarpetIOHDF5::one_file_per_group=no is that it can then infer the
filename directly from the variable name. I don't think this is a strict
requirement. If your variable names are not related to the filename (for
example, setting the parameter to yes) then you just have to manually
specify the filename. For example, if you're following the GridFunctions
tutorial you would change the line:

phi = ReadGridFunction[$SimulationToolsTestSimulation, "phi", "xy",
  Iteration -> 4096, RefinementLevel -> 3]

to:

phi = ReadGridFunction[$SimulationToolsTestSimulation, "phi", "xy",
  Iteration -> 4096, RefinementLevel -> 3, FileName -> "phi.xy.h5"]

Barry