[Users] compiling with openmpi instead of mpich

Hamilton, Maria babiuc at marshall.edu
Tue Sep 4 09:10:05 CDT 2018

Hello,

This is a followup question regarding me using ET to do runs on the BigGreen cluster at Marshall University, WV.

I am compiling the executable with simfactory/mdb/optionlists/centos.cfg

This executable has the setting

CPPFLAGS=-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK

and a lot of openmp flags commented out.

First I left these commented out and just give the mpich directory:

MPI_DIR=/opt/ohpc/pub/mpi/mpich-gnu7-ohpc/3.2.1

However, when looking at the config-info, I see that it compiled with mpich flag and openmpi:

CPPFLAGS=-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK

HDF5_DIR=/opt/ohpc/pub/libs/gnu7/hdf5/1.10.1

Everything seems working, I just I want to make sure this won't cause problems when running the executable.

It would be cleaner to compile with openmpi from the beginning. Will you please let me know what flags to silence and what to turn on, in order to compile with openmpi?

thanks,

Maria

Dr. Maria C. Babiuc Hamilton
Department of Physics