[Users] Visualizing Carpet Multipatch (Llama) data

Haas, Roland rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Jan 11 08:25:55 CST 2019

Hello Severin,

to visualize the multipatch data with VisIt you need to output the
coordinates as well as the actual data. Adding something like:

CarpetIOHDF5::out_vars = "grid::coordinates{out_every=1000000000}"

does the trick. The out_every option means that the coordinates are
output only every 1 billion time steps, which in practise means only
once at timestep 0 (they never change and VisIt will use the one from
timestep 0 for all times).

If you simulation already finished you can just run it once more for 1
step to have it output the coordinates.

Other tools most likely need similar data.