[Users] Open numbered CarpetHDF5 with visit

Jens Mahlmann jens.mahlmann at uv.es
Fri Mar 29 09:15:02 CDT 2019

Dear all,

I have made some use of hdf5_merger and hdf5_slicer to convert my 3D
simulation output into hdf5 files which only contain the data of one
iteration - for example in the format var.iteration.h5 (i.e. var.*.h5).

Visit recognizes this as a database, however, I am not able to use the
time slider to jump between the numbered files. Is there any further
conversion which I have to undertake? I would be glad to hear some best
practices.

Thank you very much and my best!

Jens