[Users] kesnar spacetime graphs.

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 17 10:00:24 CDT 2020

Hello Nisa Amir,

from your gnuplot commands:

> plot 'admbase-metric.norm2.asc' ev 5 u 2:3 w p ls 7 title "g_{xx}

you are still using the 2-norm since the filename contains "norm2". The
file that contains the maximum values will be
"admbase-metric.maximum.asc". If not such file is output, which, given
your parameter file, seems likely, then you can either edit the
parameter file by changing:

IOBasic::outInfo_reductions = "norm2"

to read

IOBasic::outInfo_reductions = "norm2 maximum"

or change:

IOASCII::out0D_every = 0
IOASCII::out0D_vars  = "
        Carpet::timing
"

IOASCII::out0D_every = 1
IOASCII::out0D_vars  = "
        Carpet::timing
        ADMBase::metric
"

and use the file admbase-metric..asc (two "." before "asc"),

or, alternatively, use the file

admbase-metric.x.asc

which is already output. That file contains the values of the metric
along the x-axis and since the Kasner spacetime is homogeneous you can
pick any of the values to plot them.

To pick the value for just one point you can try to use some inline
filtering in gnuplot, something like:

plot "gawk '$10==0. && $11==0. && $12 == 0.' admbase-metric.x.asc" u 10:13 w p ls 7 title "g_{xx} (numerical)"

which select only those lines where columns 10, 11 and 12 (x,y,z
coordinates) are 0.