[Users] arXiv-1111.3344 collapse example errors

Justin Verde verde029 at d.umn.edu
Fri Feb 14 15:08:17 CST 2020

  Hello everyone,

I am still trying to run the arXiv-1111.3344 TOV collapse simulation and
having continued issues with updating the thornlist, specifically
CoreCollapseControl.

Specific questions:
1. After updating my thornlist with CoreCollapseControl, my Cactus rebuild
fails while compiling CoreCollapseControl, citing a few undeclared
variables warnings before a final "Error 2." Am I missing a step in the
update process?

2.  Per Roland's previous email, I attempted to find CartesianCoordinates
in the Llama repository but it does not exist. Has it been
absorbed/replaced by the Coordinates thorn? And, if so, should I simply
replace "CartesianCoordinates" with "Coordinates" in the par file?

3. With the known issues with the TOV collapse simulation, are there any
recommendations for another collapse simulation? I am just looking for a
working code shell and am not particularly tied to TOV.

Please see below for the steps I took to update my thornlist and build a
new experimental Cactus configuration. I have also attached a log file with
the output from my build.

1. For CoreCollapseControl:
      a. I made a new repository called corecollapse and checked out the
thorn into Cactus/repos/corecollapse using:

*svn checkout https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/incoming/CoreCollapseControl/
<https://svn.einsteintoolkit.org/incoming/CoreCollapseControl/>*

     b. I created Cactus/arrangements/corecollapse then inside of it
created a soft link to Cactus/repos/corecollapse/CoreCollapseControl

     c. I added the following lines to my thornlist:

*!TARGET = $ARR*
*!TYPE = git*
*!URL
= https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1358/import-corecollapsecontrol-into-et
<https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/1358/import-corecollapsecontrol-into-et>
*
*!REPOPATH = $2*
*!Checkout = *
*corecollapse/CoreCollapseControl*

     e. Built a second experimental configuration called sim2 from within
Cactus directory with:

*sim build sim2 --thornlist ./thornlists/einsteintoolkit.th
<http://einsteintoolkit.th>*

Once again, thank you ahead of time for any help!

--
Kindest Regards,

Justin Verde

--