[Users] issue of compilation of ETK on Ubuntu 18.04

Federico Cipolletta cipo87 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 13:56:08 CST 2020

Dear EinsteiToolkit user support,

I am recently experiencing some issues compiling the ETK standard thornlist
(version "Mayer") on my Workstation with Ubuntu 18.04 as OS.

Once I could compile the ETK (version "Tesla") correctly but after some
recent upgrades, I cannot compile any thornlist within my machine. So I
tried downloading the ETK most recent version (namely "Mayer) and build the
standar thornlist from scratch, but I am always getting the same error.

I attach the compilation output of my last trial (namely the "ET"
configuration). In order to build the ET configuration, I used the
following command:

./simfactory/bin/sim build ET --machine=WS03 --thornlist=./thornlists/
einsteintoolkit.th >& compilation.out

The WS03 machine was defined by me in a "standard" way, and the WS03.ini
file is calling the generic.cfg, generic.run and generic.sub files.

The current version of gcc, g++, gfortran and cpp compilers that I am using
are the 7.4.0 GNU ones, although I tried also the 5.5 and 8.3 ones (always
getting the same error). In order to set the version of the compiler, I am
currently using the following command (for gcc - for the other compiler it
is equivalent):

sudo update-alternatives --config gcc

As you can see, the last lines in the compilation.out files are the
following:

Checking status of thorn CalcK
COMPILING EinsteinAnalysis/CalcK/src/CalcK.F90
f951: Fatal Error: Reading module ‘cctk’ at line 1310 column 20: Unexpected
EOF
compilation terminated.
/home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/ET/config-data/make.config.rules:409:
recipe for target 'CalcK.F90.o' failed
make[3]: *** [CalcK.F90.o] Error 1
/home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/lib/make/make.thornlib:112:
recipe for target 'make.checked' failed
make[2]: *** [make.checked] Error 2
/home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:181:
recipe for target
'/home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/ET/lib/libthorn_CalcK.a'
failed
make[1]: ***
[/home/federico/Documents/EinsteinToolkit/Cactus/configs/ET/lib/libthorn_CalcK.a]
Error 2
Makefile:256: recipe for target 'ET' failed
make: *** [ET] Error 2

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Best regards,
Federico Cipolletta.