[Users] Einstein toolkit installation issues

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Wed Jun 10 13:08:40 CDT 2020

Hello Camilo,

I have not quite seen that error before. From the output it would seem
that simfactory's setup-silent command is not happy with the machine
names that it picked. Did you name your laptop "compos at MacBook" (you
can check this via the "Sharing" preferences on the "System
Preferences") by any chance?

Can you let me know what "hostname -f" outputs?

The simplest way to work around this for you is to create a file named
".hostname" in your $HOME with the name you would like simfactory to
pretend your laptop is named eg this command should do:

echo >$HOME/.hostname "compos_MacBook"