[Users] Unable to install ET on my Fedora scientific 29

Steven R. Brandt sbrandt at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Mar 2 10:36:38 CST 2020

You have only provided us with the tail end of the output of the build.
The real error message would be higher up.

Did you install the relevant prerequisites?

   sudo dnf install -y libjpeg-turbo-devel gcc git lapack-devel make
hostname subversion gcc-c++ which papi-devel hwloc-devel openmpi-devel
hdf5-openmpi-devel openssl-devel libtool-ltdl-devel numactl-devel
gcc-gfortran findutils hdf5-devel fftw-devel patch rsync gsl-devel pkgconfig

Before you compile, you'll need mpicc in your path. So please run

   module load mpi/openmpi-x86_64

to set your environment.

--Steve