[Users] TOV Solver and Equilibrium

Nick Olsen n.olsen.3.711 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 18:11:22 CDT 2020

Hello

I am a master's student working on general relativity and in my project we
have gotten to a point where we need to solve the Einstein equations. We
are not numerical relativity experts but we have started getting
familiarized with the Einstein Toolkit.

After playing with it for a while I have realized that I can’t even run a
very simple example where I get the TOV equilibrium parameter file from the
par folder of the ET installation and modify it to take it a little bit out
of equilibrium and see it numerically evolve back to a new equilibrium
situation (say for example changing the density profile). I have tried
modifying rho_central in the file tov_star.par however it seems that after
that modification the system does not evolve to a new equilibrium. I was
wondering if somebody here can point me in the right direction. Thank you
so much in advance.

Nicholas Olsen