[Users] Thank you!

Murray Wolinsky mmwolinsky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 16:37:26 CDT 2021

Hi Roland,

The toolkit is still building, but it looks like things are working
properly and I want to thank you again for your help!

As you suggested, I added a .hostname file and ran ./simfactory/bin/sim
build --clean --reconfig .  I'm past the -fopenmp issue which plagued me
for days! Thank you.

While I was trying to get around the -fopenmp problem, I edited the file
/Users/murray/Cactus/configs/sim/OptionList . I'm not sure if that file is
input or output. It's input, but it might be both. I changed the version
name (added a '_' at the end of the version string); set the compiler and
preprocessor directives to use gcc-10, etc.; and turned the OpenMP options
off.

When I did the reconfig, the options I set were retained. And it looks like
the toolkit is building properly!

I'm going to see if I can build again while turning OpenMP back on, but
I'll wait until this build is complete. It's taking a lot longer to build
than I expected (my Macbook Pro is old -- early 2015), so I won't know
until tomorrow.

Again, thanks so much!

Yours,

Murray