[Users] failure of CCTK_WARN on Frontera cluster

Bruno Giacomazzo bruno.giacomazzo at unimib.it
Wed Jan 6 12:29:15 CST 2021

We are having some issues running the Einstein Toolkit with ourSpritz code
on the Frontera cluster at TACC and I'm wondering if any of you ever saw
the error you can find in the stderr attached to this email.

   The error is
*corrupted size vs. prev_size: 0x00002b3728001060 ****
and it looks like the code crashes within a call to CCTK_WARN.

   We used both the May and November 2020 versions of the Einstein Toolkit
and they both produce the same error. We are currently a bit lost, also
because the same code and par file run fine on another cluster (MarconiA3
at CINECA in Italy). We actually also tried a different parfile (that calls
anyway the same routine) and the same problem happens on Frontera (but not
on MarconiA3).

  It may well be a bug within Spritz when calling the CCTK_WARN function
(that for some reason does not show up on other machines) or a compilation
problem on Frontera. Have you seen a similar error? Do you have some
suggestions on how to debug it?

Thanks,
Bruno

--

Prof. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Physics

email: bruno.giacomazzo at unimib.it
phone: (+39) 02 6448 2321
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't