[Users] Makefile:260: recipe for target 'sim' failed: error in building Einstein Toolkit

Abhishek Chattaraj abhishek.chattaraj.ac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 15:37:49 CST 2021

Hi,

I am trying to build Einstein Toolkit on my laptop with Ubuntu 18.04, i5
8th Gen using the instructions on the git page:
https://github.com/nds-org/jupyter-et/blob/master/CactusTutorial.ipynb

While building the toolkit using  ./simfactory/bin/sim build -j<N>
--thornlist ../einsteintoolkit.th, where I used N=2, I get the following
error:

There were 3 errors during execution of the CST
These must be corrected before compilation can proceed

Warnings were generated during execution of the CST

CST error in /home/abhishek/Cactus/lib/sbin/CST (at 322)
  -> Missing thorn ExternalLibraries/BLAS

CST error 2:
  -> Thorn 'LAPACK' requires the capability 'BLAS'.
     Please add a thorn that provides 'BLAS' to your ThornList or remove
'LAPACK' from it !

CST error 3:
  -> Thorn 'LORENE' requires the capability 'BLAS'.
     Please add a thorn that provides 'BLAS' to your ThornList or remove
'LORENE' from it !

/home/abhishek/Cactus/lib/make/make.configuration:212: recipe for target
'/home/abhishek/Cactus/configs/sim/config-data/make.thornlist' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/abhishek/Cactus/configs/sim/config-data/make.thornlist]
Error 1
Makefile:260: recipe for target 'sim' failed
make: *** [sim] Error 2

Can anyone please provide some insight on how to proceed from here to solve
this?

Thanks!

Abhishek

--