[Users] Submitting a simulation via simfactory on a cluster

Konrad Topolski k.topolski2 at student.uw.edu.pl
Sun Jul 4 16:55:50 CDT 2021

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.

I set ppn to 48 and managed to properly set up all .run, .ini, .sub and
.cfg according to my clusters' configuration. Now all starts up the way I
want it, the MPI processes are reporting for duty and there is output from
Cactus.

When trying to run the gallery example GW150914.rpar, I am getting an error
though:

WARNING level 0 from host nid00268 process 0
  while executing schedule bin BoundaryConditions, routine
CoordinatesSymmetry::CoordinatesSymmetry_Apply_FirstPass
  in thorn CoordinatesSymmetry, file
/lustre/tetyda/home/topolski/Cactus/arrangements/Llama/CoordinatesSymmetry/src/apply.c:665:
  -> Cannot apply symmetry boundary zones in the lower x direction, since
there seem to be more symmetry zones than interior zones
cactus_okeanos:
/lustre/tetyda/home/topolski/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/Carpet/src/helpers.cc:275:
int Carpet::Abort(const _cGH *, int): Assertion `0' failed.
Rank 0 with PID 272

This example is said to have been tested on 19-Nov-2020 - have there been
any changes since which made the parameter file obsolete, or should I start
troubleshooting my configuration?

Best regards
Konrad Topolski