[Users] Submitting a simulation via simfactory on a cluster

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Sun Jul 4 17:14:39 CDT 2021

Hello Konrad,

> This example is said to have been tested on 19-Nov-2020 - have there been
> any changes since which made the parameter file obsolete, or should I start
> troubleshooting my configuration?
My guess is that you are attempting to run with (many) more MPI ranks
than were used in the gallery example. You are triggering some sanity
check that tries to check that here are actually more interior points
than (symmetry) boundary points (ie the grid structure is sane).

I would try reducing the number of MPI ranks (you can keep the same
number of cores but will need to use more threads).

The gallery example was run for this release (2021-05) as well but it
seems the last tested date has not yet been updated.