[Users] Meeting minutes 2022-04-14

Atul Kedia asksma at rit.edu
Thu Apr 14 10:37:46 CDT 2022

Present: Peter, Roland, Yosef, Zach, Miguel, Steve, Leo, Atul

Chair : Roland, Minutes : Atul

* [https://einsteintoolkit.github.io/et2022uidaho ET summer school] at
Idaho [RH]
103 registered, 85 virtual as of today. Some travel support available.
Deadline for abstract and/or registration: May 1
Schedule is up

Contributed talks -> Alireza Rashti -> Wrote Elliptica code. Looking to
make a thorn for IDs of BH-NS available on ET.
Looking to give longer talk in the meeting.

Travel support -> Contact Steve. Needs to spend the remaining money by

* next [https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Process ET
release], [https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Release_Details
Details] Riemann.
FLRW is going to be compiled by RH.
RH : Kranc code generation worked. Mathematica shifted some + - signs.
ZE: Baikal will be updated for the fall 2022 release.
Remove code duplication. Code consolidation and maintenance
improvements. Maybe even add thorn generation scheme.

YZ: Gallery example for BBH gallery needs a volunteer.

Review needs to finish for all inclusions quickly.
Regge-Wheeler-Zerrilli going to be done soon by Peter.

* [http://einsteintoolkit.org/testsuite_results/index.php testsuite
status] [RH]
RH: Test suites have been run. Need atleast gcc6 now.
Release notes will mention certain compilers are needed.
Certain machines failed due to not using the gcc compiler.
Hopefully will start running properly.
No change in most machines.

Need to check ‘expanse’.

PD will run : Sunrise and another one.

Spick is in the list, qbc

* untested Simfactory machines retirement / maintenance
** bethe
**shelob / mike / philip / melete05
** tianhe
** fuchs
** marconiA3
** [https:
//bitbucket.org/simfactory/simfactory2/src/master/mdb/machines/ full
list of machines]

RH: Retiring these

* [https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-
docs/Einstein_Toolkit_Seminar_Proposals ET seminars suggestions] ([
https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/seminars/ existing seminars])[RH]


SB: Is really close to ready for NRPy+ high level tutorial.


ZE: Gabriele is working on testing two punctures. Has lots of nice
suggestions. Will be opening tickets. Are not using a good interpolator
and good resolution. Need to change default twopuncture resolution in
gallery example for GW150914.Leo and Zach developed a quick test for
LORENE ID via NRPy. Can increase resolution and check if Hamiltonian
constraints are converging...Parameters should be set correct in the
gallery. Can see spectral coefficients and compare different powers.

Can ask Gabriele to talk about validation of ID as a seminar.

ZE suggests educating users with regards to generating ID. Generating
BBH ID in the toolkit presentation.

YZ: Suggests making recording of this available on demand and have
slides accessible for folks that need them later.

* ET CI server status [RH]
Jenkins has been retired and is replaced by Github actions.
Takes about 1hr 15mins.

* Zach brings up discussion on adding support of more architectures and
SB: Got Windows on 10 years ago but couldn’t reinstall.
Could try PGI compilers or clang.
Got it to run on raspberry pi.

* SPEC benchmark contribution [https:
//bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/addon/pipelines/home ticket] [
SB: Done all, waiting for the SPEC folks to respond.

[https://www.einsteintoolkit.org/tools/unanswered.php unanswered
question on mailing list] /

updated_on open tickets sorted by update time] /
#2606: May work on other people’s machines.

updated_on&q=Please%20review tickets ready for review]
#963: is related to a new paper

Future call chairs and minute takers:
21 April: Chair: Leo, Minutes: Miguel.

Atul Kedia
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/attachments/20220414/f894b098/attachment.html 

More information about the Users mailing list