[Users] meeting minutes for 2023-08-10

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Aug 10 09:46:42 CDT 2023

Present: Roland, Leo, Zach, Peter, Sam, Yosef

ET release
  volunteered and champions stepping forward will be dropped from the
  release.
* Reviewer found for SGRID
* need testsuite runners and gallery runners
** Steve would do BBH gallery example again
** please suggest possible helpers
* Sam created / reactivated tickets for release

ET summer school
================

* recordings are still being processed (Yosef is the sole editor right
  now)

Unanswered emails
=================

*
  http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2023-August/009021.html
  Roland will try and follow up, but is not sure what is going on.
  Might be simfactory failure or might be in simfactory or some
  homebrew / machports / user editing issue

*
  http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2023-August/009020.html
  Roland had been in contact. Not sure what is going on, might be an
  issue with simfactory setting up new segments instead of creating a
  new simulation.

Tickets
=======

*
  https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2706/update-default-twopunctures-parameters-or
  Zach will coordinate with Steve about TP paramters

* pull request
  https://bitbucket.org/cactuscode/cactusnumerical/pull-requests/13
  Peter will take a look to see what / if needs to be done

Tickets for review
==================

* no updates for most of them
*
  https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/963/improve-mclachlan-accuracy
  Peter will look into the after Zach's paper with improved methods is
  out
*
  https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2653/carpet-presync-triggering-syncs-for-all
  issue is triggered if there are no b/c to apply, then PreSync will
  try and SYNC + bc every time. There probably is some better fix for
  this. Some fine tuning of warnings / errors may be required.

chair next week: Peter
minutes taker next week: Sam