[Users] Extract thorn

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 31 16:28:17 CDT 2023

Hello Juan,

your best starting point is probably the qc0-mclachlan.par test parfile
in repos/einsteinanalysis/Extract/test yes.

Since that does not seem to work for you, would you mind including the
full parameter file you were using as well as the full output to screen
/ the log files? Both stdout and stderr.

If you just see not output files then first I would check that I am
expecting the correct files. Extract uses its own filenames and not the
"usual" .asc files. Namely, looking at the test output they end in .ul
and .tl (no idea what they contain though). Second check that you are
actually asking for output, eg the test parfile has

extract::itout         = 1

Best may be to run exactly the test parfile with your executable to
check that you get the expected output (you can do that without mpirun
or simfactory most likely, using cactus_sim qc0-mclachlan.par directly).