[Users] presentation "Symbolic Code Generation for Tensorial PDEs with Applications to Black holes, Cosmic Strings, and Quantum Fields" March 9th, 2023 in the ET cal slot

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 2 11:31:26 CST 2023

Hello all,

In next week's ET call slot 9:00 CST Adam Peterson (LBL) will present
on:

Symbolic Code Generation for Tensorial PDEs with Applications to
Black holes, Cosmic Strings, and Quantum Fields

Abstract: I will present the ongoing developments in code generation
techniques for producing executable code blocks representing tensorial PDEs
as encountered in numerical relativity.  Specifically I will discuss code
generation applications to AMReX based simulations of various systems
including black hole mergers, cosmic string collapse, and more exoticly,
lattice quantum field theories.  I will demonstrate specific cases where
symbolic tensorial expressions can be written in SymPy or Mathematica and
then expanded into code blocks in C++ or Fortran.  Simulations of black
hole mergers and cosmic string collapse produced entirely from code
generated applications will be shown with comparisons to standard testbeds
in numerical relativity.  Finally, a discussion of current and future
developments will be presented.

This will be an informal presentation, with questions, discussion and
technical talk welcome and encouraged.

http://einsteintoolkit.org/seminars/2023_03_09/index.html