[Users] meeting minutes for 2023-03-02

Roland Haas rhaas at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 2 09:52:10 CST 2023

Present: Roland, Keith, Alex, Leo, Steve, Zach, Yosef

Status of compiling ET on ARM cpus

* Roland reports that ET can be compiled on M1 macOS if one comments
  out PAPI or with the changes in
  https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2682/updates-to-compile-et-on-macos-m1-systems

Upcoming ET release

* Leo and Sam have been in touch with release champions
* updated release targets due to removal of IllinoisGRMHD
* most reviewers have finished or are about to finish the
* Roland mentioned apparently still development for Elliptica reader.
  Leo reported that right now the code is included in a thorn and not
  as an externallibrary

CarpetX review

* Roland to be added to reviewers
* will try and reach out to Erik to see if he would like to champion it

Unanswered questions:

*
  http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2023-February/008857.html
  Roland suggests to try and make sure that, since the code is compiled
  using -xHost or -march=native that the CPU on the login node is the
  same as on the compute nodes

*
  http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2023-February/008856.html
  no one present with Llama

*
  http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2023-February/008847.html
  no one is using Anvil right now

ET testing system

* currently broken and does not send emails
* Zach suggested to explore if GitHub has ARM based runners

Chair 2 weeks from now: Steve
Minutes 2 weeks from now: Leo