[Users] Warning: No boundary conditions registered for variables in group LEANBSSNMOL

Vikram Manikantan vik at arizona.edu
Mon May 1 18:47:01 CDT 2023

Hi,

I am a new user of Einstein Toolkit, using the latest version (ET_2022_11).
I have recently encountered issues with the Lean thorn that lead to
warnings concerning the registered boundary conditions. I filed a bug
report here
<https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2723/no-boundary-conditions-registered-for>.
And possibly related to issue #2651
<https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2651/new-warning-message-for-missing-boundary>
.

To reproduce the issue, just add the line Cactus::presync_mode =
"mixed-warn" to the *Lean_inspiral_d06_mres.par *file in
repos/lean_public/par/.

The warnings I get look like: -> No boundary conditions registered for
variables in group LEANBSSNMOL::GAMMAT. The unregistered variable(s)
is(are) LEANBSSNMOL::gammatx, LEANBSSNMOL::gammaty, LEANBSSNMOL::gammatz.

There are hundreds of lines like this. Is this a concern?

I am happy to produce any extra information needed. Thanks!

Best,
Vikram