[Users] Compilation Error in cluster ParamGanga

Shamim Haque 1910511 shamims at iiserb.ac.in
Wed May 3 04:41:49 CDT 2023

Dear all,

We are trying to compile ETK on ParamGanga at IIT Roorkee. The compilation
stops at a very initial step and gives out the error:

*checking whether the Fortran compiler (gfortran  ) works... yeschecking
whether the Fortran compiler (gfortran  ) is a cross-compiler... nochecking
whether the Fortran compiler (gfortran  ) supports TYPE(*) for
CCTK_PointerTo... yeschecking how to run the C preprocessor... cppchecking
for ANSI C header files... nochecking for C99 features... yeschecking for
M_PI... noconfigure: error: M_PI not defined. Try adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to
CPPFLAGS.*

We tried adding -D_XOPEN_SOURCE to CPPFLAGS, but it does not help. This
error is consistent if we set up using Intel Compiler (2020 or 2019), or
gcc (11 or 10). I have attached the outfile, error file, machine script,
and option lists for both cases (Intel and gcc) for any reference.

Secondly, we are not allowed to compile ETK on login nodes. So we are
queuing a job script, which upon execution, enters the Cactus directory,
does "setup-silent", and then executes the build command. Is this the right
way to compile ETK using the batch script? Or should we do something
different? I have attached the shell script (compile.sh) used for sbatch
queue for reference.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Shamim Haque