[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #745: the flesh allows two implemantion of the same interface to have different default values for restricted parameters

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Feb 1 08:39:03 CST 2012

#745: the flesh allows two implemantion of the same interface to have different
default values for restricted parameters
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Cactus  |     Version:
Resolution:          |    Keywords:

Comment (by eschnett):

 You can change Carpet's defaults there; Carpet ignores the periodicity
 parameters.

 Yes, the check should occur in the CST.

 Generally, I wonder why such a check is necessary, since only one thorn
 will be active. Cactus has no business using disabled thorns to set
 default values for parameters. Maybe we do want to allow different default
 values? A bug in Cactus shouldn't make us insert another check to avoid
 this bug.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/745#comment:5>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>