[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #745: the flesh allows two implemantion of the same interface to have different default values for restricted parameters

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Feb 1 08:50:26 CST 2012

#745: the flesh allows two implemantion of the same interface to have different
default values for restricted parameters
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 Component:  Cactus  |     Version:
Resolution:          |    Keywords:

Comment (by knarf):

 I would expect the default values to be part of the API which defines an
 implementation. Otherwise replacing an implementation using the same
 paramter file (which does not set that paramter) would lead to most likely
 undesired behavior.

 Should we take this discussion to the users mailing list?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/745#comment:6>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>