[Users] config file for lonestar

Yosef Zlochower yosef at astro.rit.edu
Fri Mar 18 10:35:30 CDT 2011

Hi,

  I am trying some simulations on lonestar using the config file
below. I noticed that my simulations hang when I choose large
numbers of cores. I haven't yet determined where
they hang (the same executable and parfile combination does
not hang on fewer cores). Is there a standard config file
for lonestar?

CPP = cpp
FPP = cpp
CC  = /opt/apps/intel/11.1/bin/intel64/icc
CXX = /opt/apps/intel/11.1/bin/intel64/icpc
F77 = /opt/apps/intel/11.1/bin/intel64/ifort
F90 = /opt/apps/intel/11.1/bin/intel64/ifort

# -inline-debug-info leads to compiler crashes when used with optimisation
CPPFLAGS = -DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK
FPPFLAGS = -traditional
#CFLAGS   = -g -debug all -traceback -align -std=gnu99 -ansi_alias
CFLAGS   = -g -debug all -traceback -align -std=c99 -ansi_alias
CXXFLAGS = -g -debug all -traceback -align -restrict
F77FLAGS = -g -debug all -traceback -align -pad -w95 -cm
F90FLAGS = -g -debug all -traceback -align -pad -w95 -cm

C_LINE_DIRECTIVES = yes
F_LINE_DIRECTIVES = yes

LDFLAGS =  -Wl,-rpath,/opt/apps/intel11_1/mvapich2/1.6/lib
-Wl,-rpath,/opt/apps/
intel/11.1/lib/intel64/lib

# Include hypre, SPAI, Chaco, spooles, SuperLU_DIST, MUMPS, ParMetis,
SCALAPACK,
  blacs, g2c, and X11 for PETSc
LIBDIRS = /opt/apps/intel/11.1/lib/intel64/lib

# -check-uninit aborts for uninitialised variables, which is too strict
DEBUG           = no
CPP_DEBUG_FLAGS = -DCARPET_DEBUG
FPP_DEBUG_FLAGS = -DCARPET_DEBUG
C_DEBUG_FLAGS   = -O0 # -check-uninit
CXX_DEBUG_FLAGS = -O0 # -check-uninit
F77_DEBUG_FLAGS = -O0 -check bounds -check format # -check all
F90_DEBUG_FLAGS = -O0 -check bounds -check format # -check all

# -O3 miscompiles parts of CarpetLib
# -ip leads to wrong physics when OpenMP is used
OPTIMISE           = yes
CPP_OPTIMISE_FLAGS = # -DCARPET_OPTIMISE -DNDEBUG
FPP_OPTIMISE_FLAGS = # -DCARPET_OPTIMISE -DNDEBUG
C_OPTIMISE_FLAGS   = -O2 -xW
CXX_OPTIMISE_FLAGS = -O2 -xW
F77_OPTIMISE_FLAGS = -O2 -xW
F90_OPTIMISE_FLAGS = -O2 -xW

PROFILE           = no
CPP_PROFILE_FLAGS =
FPP_PROFILE_FLAGS =
C_PROFILE_FLAGS   = -pg
CXX_PROFILE_FLAGS = -pg
F77_PROFILE_FLAGS = -pg
F90_PROFILE_FLAGS = -pg

OPENMP           = yes
CPP_OPENMP_FLAGS = -openmp
FPP_OPENMP_FLAGS = -D_OPENMP
C_OPENMP_FLAGS   = -openmp
CXX_OPENMP_FLAGS = -openmp
F77_OPENMP_FLAGS = -openmp
F90_OPENMP_FLAGS = -openmp

WARN           = yes
CPP_WARN_FLAGS =
FPP_WARN_FLAGS =
C_WARN_FLAGS   =
CXX_WARN_FLAGS =
F77_WARN_FLAGS =
F90_WARN_FLAGS =

BLAS_DIR  =

HDF5     = yes
HDF5_DIR = BUILD

#Previously:
#GSL_DIR = /opt/apps/gsl/1.11
GSL_DIR = BUILD

LAPACK_DIR  =
MPI          = CUSTOM
MPI_INC_DIRS = /opt/apps/intel11_1/mvapich2/1.6/include/
MPI_LIB_DIRS = /opt/apps/intel11_1/mvapich2/1.6/lib/ /opt/ofed/lib64/
MPI_LIBS     = mpich rt rdmacm ibverbs ibumad

PTHREADS = yes

--
Dr. Yosef Zlochower
Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation

Office:74-2067
Phone: +1 585-475-6103

yosef at astro.rit.edu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including
attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
information.