[Users] Problems installing EinsteinoolKit

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Mon Dec 2 04:08:11 CST 2013

On 2 Dec 2013, at 06:54, Samuel Dupree <sdupree at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Please forgive me for cross posting this note on
> users at einsteintoolkit.org and cactusmaint at cactuscode.org, but
> maintainers at enisteintoolkit.org is not accepting any of my  email
> messages. So with my apologies, permit me to proceed.

Hi Samuel,

> I'm attempting to install EinsteinToolKit on a MacBook Pro running Mac
> OS X ver. 10.9 (Mavericks).
>
> In downloading the components for the EinsteinToolkit using
> GetComponents of the latest release, I get the following warnings:

>   200 components checked out.
>   0 components updated.
>
>   Unable to process simfactory2
>   Unable to process LSUThorns/Vectors
>   Unable to process LSUThorns/PeriodicCarpet
>   Unable to process LSUThorns/SummationByParts
>   Unable to process LSUThorns/QuasiLocalMeasures
>
> Summary of Warnings:
>
> Could not checkout module simfactory2
> svn: E175002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
> 'https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/branches/ET_2013_11'
> svn: E175002: OPTIONS of
> 'https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory2/branches/ET_2013_11':
> Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted
> (https://svn.cct.lsu.edu)

The problem is that the version of svn installed by xcode does not recognise the certificates.  I recommend to use a newer version of SVN, for example the one from macports.  In order to use the OS X optionlist in simfactory, you will need to install and use macports anyway.

We should probably advertise this problem a bit more widely in the release notes.

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder