[Users] IllinoisGRMHD Code Compatibility Layer

Zach Etienne zachetie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 07:32:57 CDT 2015

Hi Ian,

> Just a quick comment: maybe it would be possible to isolate all such
"extra" functionality in a single source file, and make it clear that this
is only present for compatibility, and isn't relevant to the internal
workings of the thorn.  It is true that
> compatibility code can make things cluttered, but maybe having it
separate would be enough?

Thanks for your comment.

Using Carpet/CarpetLib thorns as a template, I was able to figure out how
to remove the symlinks. In my previous email, I define [Function A] and
[Function B]. Regarding splitting this functionality into a single source
file,

* [Function A] exists within a source file called, appropriately enough,
"convert_ADM_to_BSSN__enforce_detgtij_eq_1__and_compute_gtupij.C"
* [Function B] exists next to a function that applies a fix
("apply_tau_floor") to the conservative variables, and both exist within a
source file called:
"apply_tau_floor__enforce_limits_on_primitives_and_recompute_conservs.C"

Now that the symlinks issue has been resolved, I would be happy to hear any
suggestions or comments you have regarding the current IllinoisGRMHD &
related thorns.

-Zach

Zachariah Etienne
Assistant Professor of Mathematics