[Users] TwoPunctures data storage

Sascha Husa sascha.husa at uib.es
Wed Mar 2 09:42:39 CST 2016

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
> Alfred
>
> Solving the equations is fast, the slow part is evaluating the
> solution on the finite differencing grid. If you want to use the same
> grid multiple times you can checkpoint the initial conditions. If you
> want to use different grids, then you'll have to repeat the slow part
> anyway.

Hi Erik and all,

some of the time we will just want to run some tests without great
needs in accuracy.
Also, for some extreme initial data the spectral solve may already
take quite long.

We may look into how the spectral solution is evaluated afterwards on
the finite difference grid, and compare with BAM.
What we routinely use in BAM is some high order interpolation, which
we found to be reasonably fast and sufficiently accurate.

cheers,
-sascha