[Users] Calling BLAS from Fortran

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Mon Nov 14 11:21:30 CST 2016

Hi,

What is the correct way to call a BLAS routine from a Fortran Cactus thorn? I am trying to compile the LlamaWaveToy, and it does this:

subroutine LWT_min_spacing (CCTK_ARGUMENTS)
  use lapack
           call syev ('N', 'U', 3, gg, 3, ev, work, lwork, info)

and at link time, I get

/home/ianhin/Cactus/EinsteinToolkitGit/configs/etllama/lib/libthorn_LlamaWaveToy.a(min_spacing.F90.o): In function `lwt_min_spacing':
/home/ianhin/Cactus/EinsteinToolkitGit/arrangements/Llama/LlamaWaveToy/src/min_spacing.F90:38: undefined reference to `syev_'

Do I need to do something special to make the symbol found, or to convert Fortran to C names, etc?

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin