[Users] Machines used with the Einstein Toolkit

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Nov 22 13:19:50 CST 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Frank Loeffler <knarf at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 11:41:38AM +0100, Ian Hinder wrote:
>
>> For the upcoming release, we have only a small number of machines on
>> which the tests have been run (http://einsteintoolkit.org/re
>> lease-info/parse_testsuite_results.php).  Usually we have many more.  It
>> would be very helpful to find out what machines people are actually wanting
>> to use with the toolkit, so that we can focus testing on machines that
>> people actually care about.
>>
>> Please could you let us know which machines are important for you?
>>

> Here is a list of machines mentioned on the wiki that are in need, grouped
> but otherwise unsorted:
>
> carver
> edison
> gordon
> shelob
> stampede
> supermuc
> zwicky

NERSC's largest machine is Cori. I would add it to the list above, as it is
in some way a successor of Edison.

You mention that "Stampede is about to be decommissioned". Do you have a
link and a date for this? Without mentioning Stampede 2, that statement
alone is confusing; we should be careful since our release announcement
will highlight this note.