[Users] Machines used with the Einstein Toolkit

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Tue Nov 22 13:25:44 CST 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 12:19:50PM -0700, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>NERSC's largest machine is Cori. I would add it to the list above, as
>it is
>in some way a successor of Edison.

Right. Do you have access to it, and would maybe even volunteer running
there?

>You mention that "Stampede is about to be decommissioned". Do you have
>link and a date for this? Without mentioning Stampede 2, that statement
>alone is confusing; we should be careful since our release announcement
>will highlight this note.

When you log in to Stampede, you get this:

                           --- Stampede 2 is coming ---
--- Stampede 1 will start phased decommissioning in January 2017 ---
           --- The KNLs are now available <> Start migrating today ---
https://portal.tacc.utexas.edu/user-news/-/news/101909
https://portal.tacc.utexas.edu/user-guides/stampede#knl

Frank