User: rhaas Date: 2013/08/14 07:56 PM
Modified: /trunk/ einsteintoolkit.th
Log: add Timers thorn (required by Carpet)
File Changes:
Directory: /trunk/ ==================
File [modified]: einsteintoolkit.th Delta lines: +1 -0 =================================================================== --- trunk/einsteintoolkit.th 2013-08-02 08:35:14 UTC (rev 244) +++ trunk/einsteintoolkit.th 2013-08-15 00:56:53 UTC (rev 245) @@ -404,6 +404,7 @@ Carpet/CarpetTracker Carpet/CycleClock Carpet/LoopControl +Carpet/Timers
On 2013-08-14, at 18:56 , rhaas@tapir.caltech.edu wrote:
User: rhaas Date: 2013/08/14 07:56 PM
Modified: /trunk/ einsteintoolkit.th
Log: add Timers thorn (required by Carpet)
I apologize for requiring the Timer thorn without due notice.
I was debugging a particular memory allocation problem for about a week, and in the course of this, I cleanup up many stretches of code in Carpet and CarpetLib. I suspected that the timers were at fault, so I isolated the code and added parameters to disable the timers. Alas, the timers were not at fault. However, having the timers separated seemed like a good idea, and instead of throwing away all the clean-ups, or re-implementing the solution anew, I decided to push all clean-ups together with the work-around that avoids the problem.
-erik
commits@lists.einsteintoolkit.org