#50: Mailing lists should "reply to all" by default ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- Reporter: eschnett | Owner: Type: defect | Status: new Priority: major | Milestone: Component: Other | Version: Keywords: | ----------------------+----------------------------------------------------- I'm currently helping someone debug an issue on the Einstein Users' mailing list. Since the mailing list is set to "reply to sender" instead of "reply to all", the discussion has separated into three threads at the moment:
- an incomplete, public discussion on the list - a private discussion between the user and Frank Löffler, about which I only learned by change (and where I don't know what was actually said) - a private discussion between the user and myself, so that all the help I'm offering won't be logged and won't help anybody else.
Please set the lists to "reply to all". I'm aware of all the discussions and arguments about whether this is a legal or moral thing to do, but it would undoubtedly be a very helpful thing for us.