#228: Make it easier for users to create accounts on TRAC
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: EinsteinToolkit trac | Version:
Keywords: |
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Currently, in order to interact fully with TRAC, it is necessary to have a
CCT account. I would prefer that all potential users of the ET/Cactus
TRAC could create accounts. This way, it would be possible for all bug
reporters to be notified of changes to the tickets they create, and makes
it more likely that they will respond to requests for further information
and confirmations of fixes.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/228>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#68: GetComponents hang due to certificate issues.
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Reporter: diener@… | Owner: eric9
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: GetComponents | Version: ET_2010_06
Keywords: |
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
I did a complete new checkout of the EinsteinToolkit on numrel06 using the
version of GetComponents available on the EinsteinToolkit web pages and
had GetComponents
hang with no errors or warnings when checking out
AEIThorns/AEILocalInterp.
Trying the checkout manually I got:
Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn.aei.mpg.de:443':
- The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
- Hostname: svn.aei.mpg.de
- Valid: from Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:02:12 GMT until Sun, 22 Feb 2015
16:02:12 GMT
- Issuer: Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, DE
- Fingerprint:
03:b4:e8:6e:d9:09:e9:93:72:e9:ff:fa:df:e4:2c:6d:1d:2a:e4:66
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
After accepting the certificate and restarting the checkout proceeded
without problems.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/68>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#181: AEILocalInterp should not off-centre the interpolation stencil by default
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: AEILocalInterp |
----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
AEILocalInterp by default will off-centre the interpolation stencil if
there are insufficient points to perform the interpolation. In a parallel
setting, this could happen due to there being insufficient ghost points
for the interpolator chosen. The off-centering leads to an interpolation
error which is of the correct order but larger than for a centered
stencil. More importantly, it leads to different results on different
numbers of processes. This violates a basic design principle of Cactus,
and the expectation of users, that changing the number of processors
should not change the results of a simulation.
I propose that instead of silently off-centering the stencil,
AEILocalInterp should abort with an error indicating that there are
insufficient ghost-zones. The interpolator options corresponding to this
are:
boundary_off_centering_tolerance={0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0}
boundary_extrapolation_tolerance={0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0}
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/181>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#64: Refactory/redesign archiving
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: mthomas | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Implement archiving using archive machines with an iomethod key. Provide
another key like rsync-excludes for people to exclude files from being
archived. Provide a lightweight archive-like method for copying a
simulation from one machine to another machine.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/64>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#241: Thorns should be able to specify implementation versions, and other thorns
should be able to depend on those
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: knarf | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: minor | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Cactus thorns implement 'implementations', and other thorns can then
depend on particular implementations being present. However, quite often
those are updated, and incompatibilities occur. Usually this is resolved
by the developer in both thorns - the implementing and the using thorn.
However, a user might just update one of them, and Cactus would not catch
this error. Thus, I suggest to think about, and implement how to:
- specify implementation versions
e.g. IMPLEMENTS: Cactus (4.0)
The version string within () would have be sorted in an intelligent way
to allow
comparisons [1].
- specify dependencies on particular versions of other implementations
In particular I suggest the following dependencies: depends, and
conflicts, both
with comparisons < <= == >= > !=
e.g. DEPENDS: Cactus (>= 4.0)
DEPENDS: BadImplementation (!=3.14) <-- this introduces a
dependency
CONFLICTS: BadImplementation (==3.14) <-- this doesn't introduce
a depencency
[1] First the initial part of each string consisting entirely of non-digit
characters is determined. These two parts (one of which may be empty) are
compared lexically. If a difference is found it is returned. The lexical
comparison is a comparison of ASCII values modified so that all the
letters sort earlier than all the non-letters. Then the initial part of
the remainder of each string which consists entirely of digit characters
is determined. The numerical values of these two parts are compared, and
any difference found is returned as the result of the comparison. For
these purposes an empty string (which can only occur at the end of one or
both version strings being compared) counts as zero.
These two steps (comparing and removing initial non-digit strings and
initial digit strings) are repeated until a difference is found or both
strings are exhausted.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/241>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#114: per-variable tolerances for Cactus testsuites
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Reporter: knarf | Owner:
Type: enhancement | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone: ET_2011_06
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
It would be nice to be able to specify per-variable testsuite tolerances
in Cactus (per regexp for the name in the ideal case).
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/114>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#117: Error while building multiple configurations
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
Reporter: eschnett | Owner: mthomas
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: SimFactory | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
I wanted to build multiple configurations at once with the command
./simfactory/sim build sim-debug sim
sim-debug is a debug configuration, sim is optimised. SimFactory built
sim-debug, then aborted with the error:
optionlist is: /Users/eschnett/EinsteinToolkit-hg/configs/sim/OptionList
Error: pattern '^\s*DEBUG\s*=.*$' exists already
It assumes that SimFactory doesn't properly distinguish between the
different build options of the different configurations.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/117>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#107: Update released einsteintoolkit.bib once we have a more final version
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Reporter: anonymous | Type: task
Status: new | Priority: major
Milestone: | Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Version: | Keywords:
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/107>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#229: Using a nonexistent header file should lead to an error message
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
Reporter: hinder | Owner:
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Cactus | Version:
Keywords: |
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
If I have the following in my interface.ccl,
USES INCLUDE: vectors.h
but no thorn in my thornlist provides this header file, there is no error
at compile time. Further, if I #include this file in my source file, an
empty file is included, which means that again I don't get an error. The
first indication that something is wrong is that the contents of the
header file are not available, which makes debugging the problem with the
thornlist very confusing.
I propose that the CST should emit a fatal error if one of the thorns
tries to use a header file which does not exist.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/229>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit
#163: Assertion `tl>=0 and tl<timelevels' failed error
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Reporter: azebrowski@… | Owner: eschnett
Type: defect | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Carpet | Version:
Keywords: |
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
I'm currently running a Cactus simulation based off the ET mclachlan
parameter file. I have some custom thorns which force checkpointing every
iteration, and then write new parameter files. The new parameter files
are used to run specific functions from the host simulation ("spawning"),
but I'm having some problems resuming simulations.
Currently, I get this error when resuming:
INFO (Carpet): GF: rhs: 818k active, 1440k owned (+76%), 1896k total
(+32%), 328 steps/time
cactus_sim:
/home/azebrowski/Cactus/arrangements/Carpet/CarpetLib/src/th.hh:79: double
th::get_time(int, int, int) const: Assertion `tl>=0 and tl<timelevels'
failed.
[cyder:32759] *** Process received signal ***
[cyder:32759] Signal: Aborted (6)
I'm guessing there's a parameter I'm not setting properly in my child
simulation, could anyone give me a pointer to where I should be looking?
I looked for things relating to timelevels in the host/spawned parameter
files, but didn't see anything that stood out. My parameter files used
and full output are attached to this email, with the disclaimer that I
modified the spawned parameter file to run every function instead of
skipping some in an attempt to bypass any problems that could be caused by
skipping some Carpet function on accident.
I've made a bzipped tarball containing the checkpointed data from the
simulation. It contains several parameter files. The parameter file of
interest here is spawn.par, as it doesn't use any of my custom code but
still causes Cactus to abort with an error. I left the other parameter
files in on the off chance that I might need to refer to them later.
Here is the source parameter file, which creates the spawned simulation:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/ml-ahfinder-spawn.par
Here is the spawned simulation's parameter file:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/spawn.par
Here is the full checkpointed data and another copy of the spawned
parameter file:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/data.tar.bz2
Other information:
I ran the simulation using OpenMP with 12 cores to generate the
checkpointed data. I've also tried MPI, but that didn't seem to make a
difference.
Thornlist:
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~azebrowski/ThornList
gcc:
azebrowski@cyder:~/Cactus$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu
4.4.3-4ubuntu5' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.4/README.Bugs
--enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --enable-
shared --enable-multiarch --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib
--libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.4 --program-suffix=-4.4
--enable-nls --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-plugin
--enable-objc-gc --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i486 --with-tune=generic
--enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu
--target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5)
Fortran is gfortran-4.4
I'm using the Mercurial version of Carpet, and the ET development thorns.
If you need more information, please let me know.
--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/163>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>
The Einstein Toolkit