#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Suo-Ning Wang):
Besides, there are many warnings during the operation, will this have an impact?
Besides at Ubuntu, I tried building the toolkit on two opensuse computers and got the same error,e.g. libtool: error: cannot determine absolute directory name of '-pthread'.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide assistance. Best wishes.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…
#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Suo-Ning Wang):
CMake warning
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…
#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Suo-Ning Wang):
@**Roland Haas** I closed SST using your method by change `/Cactus/repos/ExternalLibraries-ADIOS2/src/build.sh`, the path should be right and SST is closed. But I still generated the same error message. I don't know if what I did was correct. I will upload screenshots of my errors and make. log.


--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…
#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Suo-Ning Wang):
@Zach Etienne I have looked at the solution you provided, and I don't know which file the code cmake - DADIOS2-USE\_SST=OFF should be placed in.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…
#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Roland Haas):
Does the GitHub issue actually provide a solution? The last item there reads
> This issue hasn't been updated for a long time, with no info coming in that the problem still exists... If it does, please re-open.
I see `cmake -DADIOS2_USE_SST=OFF` as one proposed item. I think we either already turn off SST \(or at least did in the past\) or we need SST for BP5 support. At least I recall having used some SST option.
See:
[https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/ExternalLibraries-ADIOS2/commit/a15fe948…
we do have an option `ADIOS2_ENABLE_SST ` that one can set to “no” in the option list to disable SST.
Note:
[https://github.com/EinsteinToolkit/ExternalLibraries-ADIOS2/commit/63527f80…
though.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…
#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Zach Etienne):
@{712020:925bcc1f-d1fb-49d1-aac7-8473c11b6721} @{557058:59e031ba-9bb5-4298-a472-7b99d0ae6f22} : I may have found the solution. Please read here: [https://github.com/ornladios/ADIOS2/issues/1738](https://github.com/ornladi… @{557058:59e031ba-9bb5-4298-a472-7b99d0ae6f22} : We may need to update our build config for ADIOS2…
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…
#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Suo-Ning Wang):
use j1 to build the toolkit
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…
#2837: Building the Einstein Toolkit
Reporter: Suo-Ning Wang
Status: open
Milestone:
Version: development version
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit website
Comment (by Suo-Ning Wang):
Hi Zach Etienne and Roland Haas,
I used j1 to build the toolkit and I also find problems. I don’t know where the mistake is and I attach the make.log on the website. I hope you can help me again. Thank you very much.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2837/building-the-eins…