#2923: ADIOS2 compilation fails due to unknown type name ‘INT4’
Reporter: Cheng-Hsin Cheng
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: ET_2025_05
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Cheng-Hsin Cheng):
Here is the full build output showing the errors I encountered. It was not obvious to me how the Fortran compiler isn't configured correctly, as I was able to compile other Fortran files without issue.
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2923/adios2-compilatio…
#2922: CarpetX does not compile with CUDA 12.9
Reporter: Steven R. Brandt
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: CarpetX
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
Yes, this is the whole error message.
Adding the qualifier gives the following error:
```
/work/sbrandt/Cactus/arrangements/CarpetX/CarpetX/src/io_openpmd.cxx(287): error: class "Arith::vect<int, 3>" has no member "any"
constexpr bool empty() const { return vect<int,dim>::any(hi < lo); }
^
/work/sbrandt/Cactus/arrangements/CarpetX/CarpetX/src/io_openpmd.cxx(1251): error: class "Arith::vect<int, 3>" has no member "any"
if (vect<int,dim>::any(I < box.lo || I >= box.hi))
^
```
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2922/carpetx-does-not-…
#2923: ADIOS2 compilation fails due to unknown type name ‘INT4’
Reporter: Cheng-Hsin Cheng
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: ET_2025_05
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Roland Haas):
I think what Steve says is that it uses the Fortran compiler at compile stage to figure out what INT4 should be. So you need to make sure to have a working Fortran compiler set up in your option list. Even if you do not actually expect to compile any Fortran code.
Most likely if you scroll up in the error log you may find more information. If you cannot identify anything, please attach the full error log to the ticket. See https://einsteintoolkit.org/support.html#general-guidelines-for-questions
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2923/adios2-compilatio…
#2923: ADIOS2 compilation fails due to unknown type name ‘INT4’
Reporter: Cheng-Hsin Cheng
Status: new
Milestone:
Version: ET_2025_05
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn
Comment (by Cheng-Hsin Cheng):
Sorry, I am still not understanding how this can be resolved. The ADIOS2 library was configured without Fortran support by default, and I don't understand how it would affect the compilation for the C files. How should I configure my build?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2923/adios2-compilatio…
#2922: CarpetX does not compile with CUDA 12.9
Reporter: Steven R. Brandt
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: CarpetX
Comment (by Erik Schnetter):
Is that the complete error message? Does it list the matching function declarations that make the call ambiguous?
Did you try writing `Arith::vect<int,dim>::any(...)`?
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2922/carpetx-does-not-…
#2922: CarpetX does not compile with CUDA 12.9
Reporter: Steven R. Brandt
Status: new
Milestone: ET_2026_05
Version:
Type: bug
Priority: major
Component: CarpetX
Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):
This is the error:
```
/work/sbrandt/Cactus/arrangements/CarpetX/CarpetX/src/io_openpmd.cxx(287): error: "any" is ambiguous
constexpr bool empty() const { return any(hi < lo); } ^
/work/sbrandt/Cactus/arrangements/CarpetX/CarpetX/src/io_openpmd.cxx(1251): error: "CarpetX::any" is ambiguous
if (any(I < box.lo || I >= box.hi)) ^
```
--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2922/carpetx-does-not-…